"A pollutant is only a misplaced but very recoverable and valuable resource." - Dr. Hal Cooper (CEFCO Process Co-Inventor)
The CEFCO Process is a patented breakthrough CO2 Capture and Multi-Pollutant Capture Air Quality Control System ("AQCS") that integrates two proven technologies in a revolutionary design enabling the selective capture and removal of over 99% of multiple flue gas pollutants and over 90% of CO2.
The two integrated technologies are:
- The "enabling technology" called the shockwave "free-jet collision scrubbing", which complies with the EPA's Maximum Achievable Control Technology ("MACT") Standards, sequentially and aerodynamically strips flue gas of its four major components of pollution (metals and fine particulates, SOX, NOX and CO2).
- The chemical process that uses selective reagents to convert each separated pollutant into concentrated forms of pure metals, potassium sulfate fertilizer, potassium nitrate fertilizer, and CO2.
The CEFCO Process is designed to convert all kiln and boiler combustion flue gases using any kind of fossil fuel or hydrocarbon fuel (e.g., coal, natural gas, pet-coke, biomass, alternative fuels, industrial and municipal waste, etc.) into valuable end-products from any industrial emissions facility (e.g., cement plants, petro-chemical plants, industrial and municipal incineration facilities, pulp and paper mills, new and existing coal-fired power plants, shipboilers and engines, etc.).
Segments we serve...
- Cement & Limestone Plants
- Petro-chemical Plants & Refineries
- Existing & New Coal-Fired Power Plants
- Pulp & Paper Mills
- Steel Mills & Metal Smelters
- Industrial & Municipal Incineration Facilities
- Independent Power & Cogeneration & Biomass & Alternative Fuel Plants
- DOD/DOE Hazardous Waste Combustors & Clean-up Facilities
- Maritime/Ship Boilers & Engines